Case Study: Raising the Stakes on the Top of the Town.
ROOFTOP AT THE G: CREATIVE FOOD SERVICE
Delivery Method: Construction Manager, Fast-Tracked, Phased Project, Historic Tax Credits
For this project, the owner wanted to create an iconic space that showed off his building, and the city. The team knew we would need a light touch, with a big impact, to make it happen.
To be successful with this project, we needed to make sure that our designs never overshadowed the spectacular site or its view. Material choices were made to be as minimal as possible, such as a retractable glass roof to expose the sky, and a corrugated steel elevator enclosure to mimic the original rooftop equipment. The bar and bathrooms were clad in clear cedar to bring warmth and tone, and the project was finished off with built-in garden beds and a rooftop pizza oven to enhance the customer experience.
Well aware of how popular rooftop restaurants have become in New York, the developer wanted to be the first to provide this experience in Providence. Soon after opening its doors, this restaurant has become a mainstay of downtown, and has been met with off-the-charts demand, as well as several imitators.
- Meet Kelsey: Designing with future generations in mind.
- Meet Dan: A catalyst for results and a lover of metrics.
- The Outdoor Challenge: creating outdoor spaces people love and use.
- How your building project can help your people thrive.
- Meet Bryan: An efficient project manager and architect focused on legacy.